- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Akhmed Chatayev acquitted2013-01-18 18:48
Tbilisi City Court has acquitted Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev, arrested in September last year. As reported by the News-Georgia, this was announced on Friday, January 18, by Chatayev's lawyer Nino Andriashvili.
"The court has decided to acquit Chatayev after the prosecutor has withdrawn all charges against him", said Andriashvili.
Chatayev himself after the court session said he expected the decision. "I knew that if the witnesses tell the truth, I would be acquitted", he said.
Recall, Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev was arrested in the Lopota Gorge, where the law enforcement agencies of Georgia conducted a special operation to eliminate militant groups. Chatayev is accused of illegal purchase, possession and carrying an explosive device. The hearing on Chatayev's case, scheduled for November 15, was postponed till November 26 due to the absence of witnesses - the border guards and the expert - at the hearing.
In early December, Tbilisi City Court decided to release Chatayev on bail of 5,000 lari (about 3 thousand dollars).