- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
Akhmed Chatayev acquitted2013-01-18 18:48
Tbilisi City Court has acquitted Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev, arrested in September last year. As reported by the News-Georgia, this was announced on Friday, January 18, by Chatayev's lawyer Nino Andriashvili.
"The court has decided to acquit Chatayev after the prosecutor has withdrawn all charges against him", said Andriashvili.
Chatayev himself after the court session said he expected the decision. "I knew that if the witnesses tell the truth, I would be acquitted", he said.
Recall, Russian citizen Akhmed Chatayev was arrested in the Lopota Gorge, where the law enforcement agencies of Georgia conducted a special operation to eliminate militant groups. Chatayev is accused of illegal purchase, possession and carrying an explosive device. The hearing on Chatayev's case, scheduled for November 15, was postponed till November 26 due to the absence of witnesses - the border guards and the expert - at the hearing.
In early December, Tbilisi City Court decided to release Chatayev on bail of 5,000 lari (about 3 thousand dollars).