- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhaz Armenians stand for resumption of railway communication2013-01-22 11:46
If Russia puts forward specific issue and challenge - to take membership in the Eurasian Union, Armenia should demand the resumption of railway communication through Abkhazia. This was stated on January 20, by the representative of the Armenian community of Abkhazia Calouste Trapizonyan appealing to the public scrutiny on the issue of restoration of the railway Abkhazia-Georgia-Armenia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I am sure that time will come, and the road will be opened. This would happen in the case if Russia really wants this. Customs Union must also have certain limits: in case of membership in the Union, this railway is extremely necessary", the IA Abkhazeti cited Trapizonyan.
Representative of the Armenian community of Abkhazia believes it would be very positive if the railway to Armenia via Georgia and Abkhazia would has been restored, but the situation today, he said, is different.
Recall, yesterday, President of Abkhazia Alexander Ankvab stated that he saw no prospects for restoring railway communication.
According to him, if the Abkhazian side receives some concrete proposal, it is possible to conduct "collective" discussion. Ankvab noted that he understood the interest of other countries in the restoration of the railway communication through Abkhazia, but he "vaguely" conceived "how it can be done".