- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan launches satellite2013-01-22 16:34
The launch of Azerbaijani satellite is scheduled for February 7, the Trend reports. Fueling of the carrier rocket Ariane 5 ECA at the Kourou space launching site (Guiana Space Centre) starts prior to the end of the week, said the chairman of the "Azerkosmos" Rashad Nabiyev.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to him, Azerbaijani satellite Azerspace/Africasat-1, which will be placed into the orbit by the French company Arianspace, has been already been delivered to the launch site, located in French Guiana.
The satellite will be launched into the geostationary orbit, leased from Malaysia's company Measat Satellite Systems, owned by the Government of Malaysia. The service area of the Azerspace includes Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia and North Africa.
Manufacturer of the Azerspace's satellite is American company Orbital Sciences Corporation. Telecommunications satellite of Azerbaijan Azerspace is designed to provide digital broadcasting, Internet access, data transmission, creation of multiservice networks VSAT, as well as government communications, the Rosbalt reported.