- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Zhvania was my close friend2013-01-23 13:07
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili believes that the accusations by the new government of his involvement in the murder of Zurab Zhvania are absurd. He stated that Zhvania was his closest friend, and the investigation into the death of former Prime Minister was in his best interest, the News.am reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Zurab Zhvania was my closest friend. I do not know whether he had friends closer. If there was anyone who wanted to investigate this accident, I was the first. That's why the U.S. law enforcement officers joined the investigation so quickly. The new power from the first minute started looking for a cat in a dark room. Let them look for what they want, let them do what they wish and investigate as they want", Saakashvili said.
Recall, February 3, 2005, Prime Minister of Georgia and his friend Raul Yusupov were found dead in an apartment in Tbilisi. Zurab Zhvania was one of the leaders of the "Rose Revolution" in Georgia, which has headed Mikheil Saakashvili to power.
At the same time, Georgia's new authorities intended to resume investigation into the death of the then Prime Minister Zurab Zhvania. According to the official version, he died of gas poisoning.