- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Protest action dispersed in Tbilisi yesterday2009-03-10 11:05
Though the Georgian opposition hasn't already started mass protest actions, yesterday a rally by November 7th movement in the Rustaveli Avenue was dispersed.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The movement was established lat year as a tribute to the November 7th 2007 events. It comprises youth organizations of a number of opposition parties, students and NGO representatives.
At yesterday's rally in front of the Parliament building they demanded resignation of Saakashvili and his government.
The protest action participants tried to block traffic in the Rustaveli Avenue, but police kept them from it. The confrontation between the young opposition members and policemen came to blows. Dachi Tsaguria, one of the movement members, was arrested.