- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Irakli Alasania released from the post of Vice Prime Minister2013-01-23 14:33
Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Alasania released from the post of Vice Prime Minister, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decree to cease Alasania's authority as Vice Prime Minister was signed by the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili on January 21, and has already been published on the government website. The reason for such a decision is not specified in the decree.
"According to the Article 10 "On the structure, powers and procedures of the Government of Georgia", to terminate the duties of the member of the Government of Georgia Irakli Alasania as Vice Prime Minister of Georgia", said in the decree.
The leader of the party "Our Georgia - Free Democrats", 38-year-old Alasania was appointed Vice Prime Minister and Defense Minister in the new Georgian Cabinet after the October parliamentary election, won by the opposition coalition "Georgian Dream", the RIA Novosti recalls.
On Tuesday night, Alasania said that he had a "difficult conversation" with Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili in connection with the nomination of candidates for the upcoming presidential election.
"I won't conceal that in our party "Free Democrats" we had an exchange of views on the presidential candidates and whether we were going to submit our candidate to the coalition. Also I won't conceal the fact that a few days ago I had a very difficult conversation with the Prime Minister on this issue. He expressed certain concern over the fact that these discussions had been conducted without his agreement", said Alasania.