- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili: Alasania was dismissed due to "small mistake"2013-01-24 11:42
According to the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili, misunderstanding regarding the Defense Minister Irakli Alasania is "settled". As stated by Ivanishvili, he had made a "small mistake" by discussing the issue of his candidacy for the post of the president of Georgia among his supporters without the consent of the coalition "Georgian Dream".gt-en-newsitem-inside
"He took the happening with understanding ... He started to consider if he could be a candidate for president in his team, in narrow circle. By this Irakli has admitted a small mistake ... ", Ivanishvili told reporters in Davos, where he takes part in the World Economic Forum, the News-Georgia reported.
Recall, Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Alasania was released from the post of Vice Prime Minister yesterday.
The decree to cease Alasania's authority as Vice Prime Minister was signed by the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili on January 21, and has already been published on the government website. The reason for such a decision was not specified in the decree.
"According to the Article 10 "On the structure, powers and procedures of the Government of Georgia", to terminate the duties of the member of the Government of Georgia Irakli Alasania as Vice Prime Minister of Georgia", said in the decree.