- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia started issuing Russian visas2009-03-10 11:54
Today the section of Russian interests by the Swiss embassy started reception of documents and issuing of entrance visas to Russia to citizens of Georgia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgian citizens will be issued educational and humanitarian visas (in case of a relative's death, necessity to treat in Russia e.t.c), visas on invitation of close relatives in Russia and similar types of visas.
According to the section, at the present moment, as well as last year, Georgian citizens will not be issued employment or tourist visas. As for business visas, they will be issued in case the organizations to receive the Georgian citizens arriving in Russia on business, turn to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, the Russian diplomats in the section said.
The section was opened on march 5th , the same day the section of the interests of Georgia was opened by the Swiss embassy in Russia. Issuing visas to Georgian citizens was stopped on September 2nd 2008 after the work of the Russian embassies and consular services was stopped in Georgia as well as the Georgian diplomatic representative office in Moscow - after the severance of diplomatic relations between the two countries in connection with the August events in South Ossetia.