- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia is going to restore Inguri HPP with Abkhazia2013-01-28 11:31
Georgian Energy Minister Kakha Kaladze stated of the restoration of the Inguri hydropower plant and intends to discuss this issue with the Abkhaz side, the Trend reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The Inguri HPP is equipped with five units with total capacity of 1,300 MW, of which four have already been fully reconstructed and modernized, and the fifth unit is being restored", the Minister said on Monday while visiting Tsalenjikha District of Georgia, where the Inguri HPP is located.
Kakha Kaladze has stressed that his department also intended to restore the Perepadnaya HPP located in Abkhazia.
According to the Georgian Energy Minister, the renovation work at the Inguri HPP in order to ensure its efficient operation will continue.
As recalled by the IA Abkhazeti, on December 30, 2008, after the five-day war and the obtaining independence by Abkhazia, the Ministry of Energy of Georgia and the "Inter RAO UES" signed a memorandum of understanding on the efficient operation of the Inguri HPP. It was supposed to sign a treaty on joint management of the Inguri HPP, but the project remained unfulfilled.