- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Iran may bring an action against Azerbaijan2013-01-28 14:04
Iran intends to file a suit against Azerbaijan if Baku does not take measures to prevent the increasing pollution of the Caspian Sea. According to the APA.az, this was announced by the deputy head of the Department of Ecology of the Marine Environment Abdulreza Karbasi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Karbasi stated that Iran would submit a complaint in connection with the fact that the British company BP, operating in Azerbaijan, polluted the Caspian Sea, dumping waste oil into the sea. The level of pollution of the Caspian Sea, he said, has reached a critical level.
Recall, in late August last year, Karbasi stated that Azerbaijan was using outdated equipment for oil production in the Caspian Sea and took no action to clean and improve the environment.
According to him, as soon as Tehran prepares an indicative estimate of the costs to clean up the sea, Iranian Foreign Ministry would forward the data to the Azerbaijani authorities to collect from them the amount in the form of a fine. These data will be based on the recently prepared report of the department.
In particular, it presents the results of a survey of coastal areas of the northern province of Gilan. The report includes satellite images, which show a large number of oil spills in the area of about 110 km in length, fetching down to the coast of Iran from Azerbaijan.