- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New charges for Saakashvili’s government2009-03-10 15:00
The Labour party prepared another charge for Mikheil Saakashvili's government. This time they accused them of appropriation of financial aid.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's press conference Iosiph Shatberashvili, one of the Laborite leaders, stated that only about 10 per cent of the USD 4.5 bn, allocated by Europe and the US for post-conflict recovery, are spent on the aforesaid purpose. Shatberashvili believes that the rest of the money goes to the pockets and accounts of high-ranking officials.
The Laborites urge the entire opposition range to draw attention to the issue of spending foreign financial aid.
They also proposed their program for distribution of the obtained money. In their view, this aid must be spent not on repair of highway or any other infrastructure (what the government does) but on new power plants building, agriculture revival, health care sphere and other objectives that must be under strict control of the state.
According to the Laborites, spending money on these projects will favor true revival and development of the economy and creation of new working places.