- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Former Deputy Governor of Kakheti arrested for embezzlement2013-01-30 18:40
Former Deputy Governor of Kakheti George Sibashvili was arrested on charges of embezzling money from the state budget, the Vestnik Kavkaza reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to investigators, Sibashvili registered on his relatives the contracts for the rehabilitation of roads and houses of the people affected by natural disasters.
In particular, Sibashvili instructed the Director of Kakheti Regional Development Agency Valerian Gremelashvili to conclude a contract for the rehabilitation of roads in the village of Manavi with individual businessman Dmitry Ivanelashvili.
"The real cost of the work was below the sum transferred to Ivanelashvili - about 55.6 thousand lari (about $ 33.5 thousand), thus 10.7 thousand lari (about $ 6.5 thousand) was embezzled", said the head of the public relations department of the Investigation Service of the Ministry of Finance of Georgia Natia Sukhiashvili.
Another episode is connected to the rehabilitation of the streets in Dedoplistskaro. In this case there was embezzled 24.1 thousand lari ($ 14.5 thousand).
In addition, Sibashvili and Gremelashvili have embezzled 115.3 thousand lari (about $ 69.4 thousand) during the purchase of the equipment necessary for the regional tourism development agency, the Caucasian Knot reported.