- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian opposition collects signatures for Saakashvili’s resignation in regions2009-03-10 15:54
On march 10th nine opposition parties start collecting signatures for Saakashvili's resignation in regions of Georgia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Such actions will be held in 16 cities: Telavi, Gori, Zestafoni, Poti, Dusheti, Batumi, Ozurgeti, Akhaltsikhe, Marneuli, Gardabani, Rustavi, Senaki, Gurjaani, Saitredia, Zugdidi, Kutaisi.
Lat week the opposition conducted action of signature collecting under the motto "Save Georgia together". In five days over 48 thousand people supported the ides of Saakashvili's resignation. The action was held near all the underground stations, markets, coach stations. People filled in the forms writing down their names, family names, and phone numbers.
"The political process will run actively up to April 9th . Specific events will take place every day. We expect very high activity and mass support of the population. It is the beginning of a very important process aimed to change power in short term in the constitutional way", said Eka Beselia, the Secretary General of Irakli Okruashvili's party Movement for United Georgia.
On April 9th opposition plans to hold a mass protest action with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation.
At the present moment the organizer parties are: the Conservative Party, the People's Party, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia, the Freedom, the Taditionalists' of Georgia Union, the Undustry will Save Georgia, the women's party of Georgia For Justice and Equality, the Way of Georgia, the Movement for United Georgia. Kakha Kukava, one of the Conservative Party leaders stated that the April 9th organizational group is open for admission of every political force sharing their position.