- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mikheil Saakashvili met with the president of the Venice Commission2013-01-31 12:22
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili met with the president of the Venice Commission Gianni Buquicchio on Wednesday, at his estate in Kvareli, the Trend reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The parties have discussed the current political processes in the country, the planned constitutional changes, the process of adoption of the Law on General Courts and the amnesty declared in the country.
According to the presidential administration, the head of the Venice Commission has expressed the hope that prior to the adoption of the Law on General Courts the Georgian parliament waits for the recommendations of the Venice Commission and takes them into account.
President of the Venice Commission Gianni Buquicchio arrived in Georgia on January 30 with a two-day visit. He has held a series of meetings with representatives of executive and legislative power.
Before the meeting with Saakashvili, Buquicchio met with the Chairman of the Georgian Parliament David Usupashvili. According to the Speaker of the Georgian Parliament, they have discussed a number of issues of legislative activity, including the amendments to the Constitution, the IA Regnum reported.
He added that they had also discussed the issues of improving the electoral legislation.Another topic was the bill to reform the judicial system of Georgia.