- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Attempt on presidential candidate in Armenia2013-02-01 12:01
An attempt on the presidential candidate, party leader of the "Association "National Self-Determination" Paruyr Hayrikyan was committed yesterday in the evening, January 31, near his home in Yerevan, the Interfax reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Hayrikyan was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. According to another version, he got wound in the chest area.
Police has launched the search of the offender. According to the Chief of Armenian Police Vladimir Gasparyan, an investigation is studying "all possible versions".
Armenian Prime Minister Tigran Sargsyan and Minister of Health Derenik Dumanian visited Hayrikyan in the hospital. Premier believes the attempt is "a blow to the country's authorities and the state". "We must make every effort to disclose the crime and identify the perpetrators", said Sargsyan.
Meanwhile, as reported by the News-Armenia, the operation to remove the bullet from the shoulder of the presidential candidate of Armenia Paruyr Hayrikyan started on Friday in Yerevan medical center of St. Gregory the Illuminator. According to estimates of physicians, Hayrikyan's state is stable.