- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ban Ki-moon is concerned about Israeli airstrike on Syria2013-02-01 12:24
Ban Ki-moon "expresses grave concern" over the incident near Damascus, where the Israeli Air Force delivered an airstrike on the Syrian military facility, the MK.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Secretary-General of the United Nations called on all involved parties to exercise restraint to prevent a further escalation of the conflict.
"The Secretary-General took note the news of the Israeli air strikes on Syria with great concern. Currently, the UN does not have any details of the incident and cannot get independent confirmation. Secretary-General calls on all parties to prevent the escalation of tensions in the region and to strictly adhere the rules of international law, particularly the principles of sovereignty of the states in the region", Ban Ki-moon's office stated.
As recalled by the Izvestia, on the night of 31 January, the Israeli air forces attacked targets in Syrian territory - military research center in the suburbs of Damascus, and almost simultaneously the Syrian convoy, which was carrying weapons to the Lebanese Hezbollah. Strikes have become the first military intervention in the ongoing Syrian conflict on the part of Israel.