- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Premier: Alasania doesn't suit for the post of president2013-02-05 14:37
According to the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili, he does not rule out that the head of the Defense Ministry Irakli Alasania can claim the presidency, but does not support his nomination, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Anyone can be a candidate for president, including Alasania. But we must strictly comply with certain forms and rules. If he is the party member he needs to ask the party, if he is member of the coalition, he must negotiate with the coalition. I think Alasania does not fit this standard, but I won't take the decision on the nomination alone", Ivanishvili said at a press conference on Tuesday.
Recall, in late January, Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Alasania was released from the post of Vice Prime Minister.
The decree to cease Alasania's authority as Vice Prime Minister was signed by the Prime Minister of Georgia Bidzina Ivanishvili on January 21, and has already been published on the government website. The reason for such a decision was not specified in the decree.