- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Crocodile farm opened in Georgia2009-03-11 09:58
Jakar, the Georgian-German company, intends to breed crocodiles in Georgia with the following sale of meat and hides in European markets - Trend News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The fist crocodile-breeding farm was opened in Zugdidi [West Georgia], a place with warm climate.
12 thousand euro has already been invested in the new business entity. According to its organizers, they will surely get profit, as the European price for 1 kilogram [2.2 pounds]of crocodile meat is 40 euro, and up to 5 thousand euro for a hide.
The farm in Zugdidi already keeps 50 crocodiles, but to make the business profitable it must have 500 reptiles.
Previously ostrich farms were opened in Georgia, meat of ostriches was of great demand in Tbilisi restaurants.