- PACE President arrives to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:42
- Ivanishvili urges Georgians living abroad to return to Georgia 2013-05-28 13:04
- Days of Georgian Diaspora 2013 in Tbilisi 2013-05-28 12:36
- Georgian FM: Russia violates the basic principles of international law 2013-05-28 12:02
- Azerbaijan is developing in all areas - PACE President 2013-05-27 14:06
- Festival of Azerbaijani culture took place in Georgia 2013-05-27 13:23
- The court of appeal has left Vano Merabishvili in detention 2013-05-27 12:52
Crocodile farm opened in Georgia2009-03-11 09:58
Jakar, the Georgian-German company, intends to breed crocodiles in Georgia with the following sale of meat and hides in European markets - Trend News.
The fist crocodile-breeding farm was opened in Zugdidi [West Georgia], a place with warm climate.
12 thousand euro has already been invested in the new business entity. According to its organizers, they will surely get profit, as the European price for 1 kilogram [2.2 pounds]of crocodile meat is 40 euro, and up to 5 thousand euro for a hide.
The farm in Zugdidi already keeps 50 crocodiles, but to make the business profitable it must have 500 reptiles.
Previously ostrich farms were opened in Georgia, meat of ostriches was of great demand in Tbilisi restaurants.