- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan has launched first telecommunications satellite2013-02-11 13:57
Azerbaijan has put into the orbit its first telecommunications satellite, the Radio Azattyq reported. Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan stated the satellite launch was uneventful.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Azerspace-1 satellite was launched from the Guiana Space Centre near Kourou in French Guiana. The satellite will be located at the orbital position, which is owned by Malaysian company MEASAT Satellite Systems. Space Agency of Azerbaijan pays rent to the Malaysian company for the use of orbital position.
The satellite is designed to provide telecommunications services to Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia and North Africa. American-made satellite is also designed to provide support for digital broadcasting, Internet access, data services and government communications.
Meanwhile, Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev has congratulated Azerbaijani people on the occasion of the launch into the orbit of the first telecommunications satellite of Azerbaijan, the Vesti.az reported. The president has expressed his gratitude to all the structures, people, especially Azerbaijani specialists which had contributed to this event.