- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijani delegation to discuss the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars in Tbilisi2013-02-13 12:27
Delegation of the Ministry of Transport of Azerbaijan is going to visit Georgia in the near future. They are going to consider the completion of the Georgian section of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, the Vestnik Kavkaza reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Azerbaijani Minister of Transport Ziya Mammadov, the construction of the railway goes according to the plan. According to him, the Azerbaijani delegation intends to visit Georgia and address issues relating to the construction on-site.
Under the project, the construction of the railway will be completed this year.
In late last year, the new Georgian authorities expressed serious concerns about the project, which was called corruption in the Georgian media, the Armenia Today recalls.
As we know, the project, scheduled for completion in 2013, will have to provide transportation from 10 to 25 million tons of cargo a year. It implies the construction of 98-kilometer railway from the Turkish town of Kars to the Georgian town of Akhalkalaki. Most of the road (68 km) passes through the Turkish side, other 30 km - through Georgia. At the same time, $ 202 million has been spent for the construction of the Turkish section, while the Georgian section has taken $ 220 million.