- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan may launch another satellite2013-02-13 14:20
JSC "Azerkosmos" has begun work on creating low-orbit satellite, the Armenia Today reported. As part of the work conducted on the issue of the sensing satellites, "Azerkosmos" has conducted a study on the benefits of low-orbit satellites in the domestic and foreign markets.gt-en-newsitem-inside
JSC "Azerkosmos" has prepared a business plan, noting the possibility of using satellite images in the domestic and regional markets and the benefits they offer. The launch of the low-orbit satellite is planned in 2015; the second telecommunications satellite will be launched into orbit in 2016.
In the next few years, several telecommunication satellites are expected to be launched.
Recall, on February 11, Azerbaijani put into the orbit its first telecommunications satellite. Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of Azerbaijan stated the satellite launch was uneventful.
Azerspace-1 satellite was launched from the Guiana Space Centre near Kourou in French Guiana. The satellite will be located at the orbital position, which is owned by Malaysian company MEASAT Satellite Systems. Space Agency of Azerbaijan pays rent to the Malaysian company for the use of orbital position.