- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgians to struggle for their houses in Abkhazia2009-03-11 14:23
Georgian citizens living in Tkvarcheli district of Abkhazia, intend to defend their right for property in the European Court in Strasbourg - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Authorities of Abkhazia have already started confiscation of houses, flats and lands belonging to Georgians - Imedi.
The real estate is sold by auctions or passed to other families, the TV company noted. This information is documented proved and will be passed to the Strasbourg Court.
Paata Davitaya, the Vice Speaker of the Parliament, the On Our Own party stated that the process of illegal appropriation of real estate in Abkhazia from Georgians started one year before from the coastal area and now spread on Tkvarcheli district. Previously the law on nationalization of property was adopted. Davitaya stated that the immovable property of Georgians pass into the ownership of Russians.
"After the recognition of Abkhazia's independency by Russia the process became open", he said. According to the Vice Speaker, "it [the process] is completed in Sokhumi and Gulripshi and now moved to Ochamchira and Tkvarcheli". The MP believes that the same will happen to Georgians living in Gali district of Abkhazia.