- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia in the list of least free countries in the world2009-03-11 15:14
The human rights public organization Freedom House published the report on the least free countries of the world, where human rights are violated.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The list, titled The Worst of the Worst 2009, includes Chechnya and South Ossetia.
Among other countries in the list are: Belarus, Tibet, China, Burma, Equatorial Guinea, Libya, North Korea, Somali, Sudan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan. The list contains 17 countries and 4 territories. South Ossetia was included for the first time and is regarded as ‘disputed territory".
The Worst of the Worst list includes the countries the Human Rights protection Council should focus on, Paula Schrifer, Freedom House representative, said at the press conference in Geneva.
According to Schrifer, in these countries the regime controls their citizens daily, depriving them of their initial rights: freedom of speech, freedom to hold rallies, freedom of religion, RosBalt reports.