- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alexei Pushkov: The meeting in PACE was Georgia's initiative2013-02-15 12:25
According to the chairman of the Duma Committee on Foreign Affairs Alexei Pushkov, the meeting of the heads of delegations of Russia and Georgia in Strasbourg was held on the initiative of the Georgian side. He told that reporters on Friday, February 15, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Commenting on the statement by his Georgian counterpart Tedo Japaridze that there was not any agreement on the establishment of an informal working group of the parliaments of Russia and Georgia, Pushkov said that during the meeting they spoke about a narrow informal meeting of Russian and Georgian parliamentarians at the April session of PACE.
"How to call it - this is another question. If the Georgian side prefers a different format, then we are ready to consider it. A situation should ripen for such a meeting. We do not hurry. You cannot make good wine from unripe grapes", added Pushkov.
As recalled by the RBC, earlier the chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Relations of Georgia Tedo Japaridze refuted the information that the members of parliament of Georgia and Russia will create an informal working group on improving relations between the two countries in April.
Tedo Dzhaparidze confirms that he met with Pushkov at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg; however, they did not agree to establish an informal Georgian-Russian group.