- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A number of heads of North Caucasus republic can be replaced2013-02-18 13:38
Russian leadership may replace several regional leaders in the North Caucasus prior to the Sochi Olympics. Ingush President Yunus-Bek Yevkurov, whose candidacy will not be nominated in the upcoming September elections this year, can early resign, the RBC reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yevkurov has not appeared stiff enough to rule in Ingushetia. "None specific names are known so far; but there is an understanding that the country needs a person like Kadyrov. At the same time, the republic is mononational, so the leader must be an Ingush", the edition's source said.
The head of Ingushetia may be replaced without an election. Now the State Duma is considering a draft law cancelling the election of governors in Russia. It is assumed that in the first place the law would be applied to the republics in the Caucasus.
Recall, Russian president Vladimir Putin took early resignation of the head of Dagestan Magomedsalam Magomedov, whose term expires in 2015, in late January. He was appointed deputy head of the Russian presidential administration. Acting head of Dagestan was appointed deputy of the State Duma of the "United Russia" Ramazan Abdulatipov.