- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia may integrate into the payment system of the Russian Federation2013-02-18 15:01
Last week, Russian media spread information that the issue of integration of South Ossetia into the Russian payment system had been discussed at a meeting of the Prime Minister of North Ossetia Sergei Takoeva with the Deputy Head of the Federal Treasury of Russian Federation Stanislav Prokofiev, the Echo of the Caucasus reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Meanwhile, according to a statement of the Georgian Foreign Ministry, issued on Monday, February 18, integration of the South Ossetia into the payment system of the Russian Federation would have hindered the "positive dynamics of bilateral relations" between these countries, the News-Georgia reported.
"The Foreign Ministry of Georgia expresses its outrage at the relevant information spread by the media. Implementation of such solutions will be a sad step backward on the background of positive dynamics of bilateral relations that has taken place in recent times", said in a statement. The Foreign Ministry of Georgia believes that the decision will "strengthen the occupation regime in the sovereign territory of Georgia".