- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Irakli Alasania held a meeting with refugees2009-03-11 17:49
Today Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader, conducted a meeting with refugees from Abkhazia. He highlighted the necessity to change power in peaceful, constitutional way and underlined that only after that truly free elections can be considered.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Alasania, at the meeting issues of conflicts settlement, new tension escalation in the conflict area prevention measures, trust restoration and creation of international guarantees of security measures were discussed.
"Resumption of direct dialog with Ossetians and Abkhazes is necessary to restore trust. Besides, gradual normalization of relations with Russia is needed", Alasania said.
The Alliance leader shared the plans of his union, including the establishment of special offices for preparation and holding a plebiscite on the issue of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation and calling early presidential elections.
He also underlined that the Alliance holds consultations with other opposition parties concerning joint protest actions.