- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Trial over Bacho Akhalaia starts today in Tbilisi2013-02-20 12:34
The trial over the former Minister of Defense and former Minister of Interior Affairs Bacho Akhalaia begins today at the Tbilisi City Court, the GHN reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The court also must consider the case of the former head of the Joint Staff Gigi Kalandadze and the commander of the 4th Brigade of the Defense Ministry Zurab Shamatava.
Today's trial is a preliminary session; and for the next 14 days there will start consideration of the merits.
Recall, Former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested on the night of November 7, after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office. Akhalaia is charged with abuse of office.
The cause of the accusations against Akhalaia, who was previously the head of the Defense Ministry, was the complaints to the Prosecutor General's office from former employees of the department.
In addition, the former Minister Bacho Akhalaia is charged with "false imprisonment" under the Article 143, part 2, as well as with allegations of torture, under the article 144 of the Criminal Code of Georgia.