- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Operation of satellite may bring Azerbaijan $ 650 million2013-02-20 13:15
Azerbaijan will earn from the operation of the first national telecommunications satellite Azerspace-1 $ 650 million in fifteen years, the Azerros.ru reported. Minister of Communications and Information Technologies Ali Abbasov noted that the Azerspace-1 starts its commercial operation in about two weeks.gt-en-newsitem-inside
For fifteen years - the scheduled time of operation of the satellite - it will bring $ 650 million to Azerbaijan, said the Minister.
Ali Abbas stated that in total, construction, insurance, launch of the satellite into orbit, as well as the provision of infrastructure on the Earth has taken $ 230 million.
Recall, yesterday it was reported that Azerbaijan's first telecommunications satellite Azerspace-1 has reached the orbital position - longitude 46 east.
According to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, trial term of the Azerspace-1 lasts from February 19 till early March, and then it will be fully leased to the JSC "Azerkosmos". The control over the satellite will be carried out by the "Azerkosmos" from the main control center, near Baku. Redundant control center is located in Nakhchivan.