- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia renounced participation in Eurovision 20092009-03-11 18:48
Georgia refuses to participate in the 54th Eurovision song contest to be held in May in Moscow, said Natia Uznadze, the head of the Georgian project for the contest - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously Diana Gutskaia, the representative of Georgia at the 53rd song contest, suggested that Georgia is likely to renounce participation in 2009.
"I initially told that in Georgia the selection of the Eurovision participant the was conducted with a number of violations , and it also concerned the lyrics of the song We Don't Wanna Put In, that was decided to be brought to Moscow. Now my remarks are known to coincide with the European Broadcasting Union. I possess reliable information that the Georgian quartet doesn't intend to change the lyrics but just won't go to the Rusian capital", Gurtskaya said.
According to the singer, "now they are hectically searching for the pretence to renounce participation in the Eurovision, after that it will be announced officially.