- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Raffi Hovannisian does not recognize defeat2013-02-20 14:13
Main rival of the incumbent president of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan refuses to recognize his victory, the BBC reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Raffi Hovannisian, who has scored according to preliminary data 36.75% of the vote, has already proposed Sargsyan to admit defeat, stating that is the elected president of Armenia.
Recall, current President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan has won the presidential election in the country.
According to the Central Election Commission, Sargsyan won 58,64% of votes, while Raffi Hovannisian scored 36.75%.
However, the main rival of Sargsyan, the leader of the opposition party "Heritage" and the first in the history of modern Armenia Foreign Minister Raffi Hovannisian and his supporters refused to recognize the victory of Sargsyan.
Meanwhile, the Observer Mission of the International Expert Center for Electoral Systems (ICES) considers the election in Armenia legitimate and democratic.
"Presidential election in Armenia was legitimate, democratic and in line with international standards", said the President of the International expert Center for Electoral Systems Alexander Zinker.