- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Trial over Bacho Akhalaia postponed till February 282013-02-21 14:16
A preliminary hearing on the case of the former Minister of Defense and Internal Affairs of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia, as well as of the two ex-officials, was postponed by the Tbilisi City Court till February 28, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
First session of the court over Bacho Akhalaia started yesterday. The court also considered the case of the former head of the Joint Staff Gigi Kalandadze and the commander of the 4th Brigade of the Defense Ministry Zurab Shamatava accused of power abuse.
The trial that took place on Wednesday was held against the background of actions of protest of hundreds of Bacho Akhalaia's supporters, who appeared with Georgian flags and placards "Bacho - a political prisoner".
Recall, Former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested on the night of November 7, after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office. Akhalaia is charged with abuse of office.
The cause of the accusations against Akhalaia, who was previously the head of the Defense Ministry, was the complaints to the Prosecutor General's office from former employees of the department.