- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A prison in Tbilisi closes down due to intolerable living conditions2013-02-25 12:22
Tbilisi Prison No 1, located near Ortachala, officially closes on Monday, February 25. According to the Trend, Ministry of Corrections and Legal Assistance of Georgia has already launched the distribution of prison inmates to other correctional institutions, and the process must end today.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As explained by the Ministry of Corrections, Ortachala prison closes due to unbearable living conditions for prisoners contained therein. Closure of the prison will take place in the presence of Minister of Corrections Sozar Subari, parliamentarians and representatives of international organizations.
"First you have to examine all in details and determine whether the building to be repaired, or it will be closed forever. But the thing we certainly know is that all the prisoners leave the prison and will be transferred to other facilities", Subari added.
According to him, currently about a thousand prisoners are serving sentences in the Ortachal prison, and they were distributed to various penal institutions on February 23, the News-Georgia reported.