- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia is ready to consider possibility of US military bases in Georgia deployment2009-03-12 10:50
Georgia is ready to consider possibility of US military base deployment in the territory of the country in case such proposal is made by the US administration, stated Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia in his interview to The Nikkei - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Vashadze is staying in Japan with a four-day visit.
At the present moment the Ministry conducts no consultations with the US on this issue, but if the USA think of deployment a base (in Georgia), the Georgian side is ready to consider it seriously, Vashadze said.
At the negotiations with his Japanese counterpart, Hirofumi Nakasone, the sides reached agreement on holding regular political consultations between the Foreign Ministries of the two countries, the Georgian Minister said in his interview to Japanese mass media.
Vashadze also praised the course of the Japanese government (headed by the PM Taro Aso) on Georgia's support and called for Japanese business to develop Georgian market.
Georgia is ready to offer many proper investment projects including modernization of the highway connecting Eastern and Western districts of the country, as well as the railway, Vashadze said.