- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Director General of GPB dismissed2013-03-05 13:00
Director General of the Georgian Public Broadcaster (GPB) George Baratashvili was removed from the office after the head of the information service Khatuna Berdzenishvili had accused him of interfering in the editorial policy of the channel. According to the News-Georgia, this was announced by the chairman of the Board of Trustees of the broadcaster Levan Gakheladze on Monday, March 4.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Berdzenishvili, Director General of the GPB dismissed her after she had refused to comply with the request and aired a report about the Minister of Justice of Georgia Thea Tsulukiani, who, according to the opposition, has no a law degree and, therefore, has no right to occupy the above mentioned position.
George Bakradze assigned to temporarily perform the duties of the GPB Director General. He noted that in the near future Baratashvili would make a statement associated with his dismissal, the Caucasian Knot reports.
At present, the Georgian Public Broadcaster announced a competition for the position of Director General. The documents will be accepted from the job applicant till March 14. A new Director General must take office until April 4.