- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
World Bank to support development of Georgian regions2013-03-05 13:29
Minister of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia David Narmania, who is currently on a working visit to the United States, has enlisted the support of the World Bank in the development of regions of the country, the Echo of the Caucasus reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
During the visit, the delegation held meetings in various formats at the headquarters of the World Bank, during which they have determined the areas for future cooperation between the World Bank and Georgia.
It is reported that Georgian delegation held meetings with the current vice-president of the World Bank in Eastern Europe and Central Asia Laura Tusk, manager of the sector of management of the urban water, solid waste and natural disasters Sumila Guliani, executive director of the Board of Directors of the World Bank on Georgia Rudolph Trefers and Alternative Executive Director Stefan Nanu.
Special attention was paid to the reform of local self-government, as well as decentralization and support on the part of the World Bank in this regard, the Business-Georgia reported.
The parties also discussed the World Bank report on the impact of the disaster in the Kakheti region, on the basis of which it is planned to prepare a special strategy for disaster management.