- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Raffi Hovannisian has appealed to Constitutional Court2013-03-05 13:58
Leader of the Armenian opposition party "Heritage" Raffi Hovannisian, who had lost the recent presidential election, has appealed to the Constitutional Court with a request to annul the official election results, the AzerRos reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Raffi Hovannisian believes that the outcome of the vote, which has recorded the victory of the incumbent president, was rigged. Under the law, the suit of Hovannisian will be considered within ten days.
Meanwhile, the ally of former presidential candidate, secretary of the "Heritage" party Stepan Safarian has acknowledged that he did not particularly count on the success of the Constitutional Court.
Recall, current President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan has won the presidential election in the country.
According to the Central Election Commission, Sargsyan won 58.64% of votes, while Raffi Hovannisian scored 36.75%.
At the same time, the Observer Mission of the International Expert Center for Electoral Systems (ICES) considers the election in Armenia legitimate and democratic.
"Presidential election in Armenia was legitimate, democratic and in line with international standards", said the President of the International expert Center for Electoral Systems Alexander Zinker.