- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vartan Sedrakyan's lawyer appeals against the arrest of former presidential candidate of Armenia2013-03-06 13:15
The lawyer of the former presidential candidate Vartan Sedrakyan Alexand Sirunyan on Wednesday intends to appeal against his arrest in a superior instance.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Sirunyan told the News-Armenia that the former candidate had been arrested on Tuesday by the court of general jurisdiction of Yerevan at around 10 pm local time on suspicion of attempted murder.
The court granted the request of the National Security Service to assign Sedrakyan a two-month arrest as a preventive measure.
The lawyer says Sedrakyan has not pleaded guilty and refuses to testify.
At the same time, as reported by the Yerkramas, yesterday the National Security Service of Armenia did not confirm information about the arrest of the former presidential candidate Vardan Sedrakyan.
"I have no such information", the NSC spokesman Artsvin Bagramyan said.
Sedrakyan's name came to light in the case of assassination attempt on another presidential candidate, leader of the "Union "National Self-Determination" Paruyr Hayrikian. The local media reported that two men, arrested on the case, had worked for Sedrakyan.
Sedrakyan previously denied any involvement in the assassination attempt, but did not rule out that could be arrested after the election.