- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bacho Akhalaia transferred to Gldani prison No 82013-03-11 15:49
Former Georgian Defense Minister Bacho Akhalaia was transferred from the so-called Matrosovskaya prison to the Gldani prison No 8, the Tbilisi Week reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the lawyer of the former Minister Malkhaz Velidzhanashvili, the reason for the transfer to the prison No 8 was called the rehabilitation of Matrosovskaya prison, but this is not true.
The lawyer explained that the lodge, where Bacho Akhalaia served his term, had been repaired, therefore, Akhalaia could not be transferred to another prison because of repair.
Recall, the trial over the former Minister of Defense and former Minister of Interior Affairs Bacho Akhalaia at the Tbilisi City Court started in late February.
Former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested on the night of November 7, after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office. Akhalaia is charged with abuse of office.
The cause of the accusations against Akhalaia, who was previously the head of the Defense Ministry, was the complaints to the Prosecutor General's office from former employees of the department.