- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Raffi Hovannisian has announced hunger strike2013-03-12 13:14
Raffi Hovannisian, who had lost the presidential election in Armenia, has announced a hunger strike. As reported by the RBC, Hovhannisyan demands the re-elected president Serzh Sargsyan to cancel the election results and declare rejection of an office.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Speaking to three thousand of his supporters at the Freedom Square in central Yerevan, Hovannisian said that until April 9 - the day of his inauguration, Sargsyan has "to take the victory of the people" and give up the presidency.
"If on April 9, Sargsyan swears on the Bible and Catholicos blesses him, they would do this on my dead body", promised the opposition leader. Hovhannisyan is going to wait for the surrender of his rival right at the square.
Recall, on March 5, it was reported that leader of the Armenian opposition party "Heritage" Raffi Hovannisian, who does not recognize the outcome of the presidential election in Armenia, has appealed to the Constitutional Court with a request to annul the official election results.
Raffi Hovannisian believes that the outcome of the vote, which has recorded the victory of the incumbent president, was rigged. Under the law, the suit of Hovannisian will be considered within ten days.