- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi met Yuri Bashmet with protest action2013-03-12 13:54
Concert of the famous Russian conductor and violist Yuri Bashmet in Tbilisi Conservatory yesterday night was held against a background of a protest of several dozen young people, the Trend reports. They protested against the Bashmet, who had several times visited the so-called occupied territories without the official consent of Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Participants of the rally demanded the arrest of the Russian musician for violation of the Georgian law "On the occupied territories". This law provides the arrest of those who have illegally visited Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
According to the protesters, in 2008, immediately after the war Bashmet and his orchestra performed in Tskhinval and made political statements against Georgia and its leadership. Late last year, the musicians performed in Abkhazia and met with the Abkhaz leadership.
At the same time, as reported by the MIR, Yuri Bashmet has stated he was satisfied with the concert in Tbilisi and the whole trip to Georgia.
In turn, the well-known figures of the Georgian culture and society, as well as young musicians who attended the concert, which took place with the full house, appreciated the skill of Yuri Bashmet.