- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian NGOs and opposition signed the Declaration of National Agreement2009-03-12 18:43
Today Georgian non-governmental organizations and the opposition signed another document against the acting government. The Declaration of the national agreement is authored by non-governmental and public organizations: the Public Assembly, the Georgian Academy and the Coalition of Non-Governmental Organizations.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Later the Conservative, the Laborites and the Alliance for Georgia representatives signed the document.
"Georgia is facing the threat of the state catastrophe. The totally irresponsible, unserious, lagging behind political context, criminal regime managed to do everything to draw our Motherland in desperate and hopeless condition: participated in war instigation, remorselessly yielded our land to Russia and added new dozens of thousands to the vast number of refugees", the declaration claims.
According to the document authors, Saakashvili's government established in the country the criminal and police regime, smashed the independency of court, eliminated the freedom of speech, deprived people of the right of choice, instigated age persecution, hit knowledge and experience, created conflict between generations, reaved of life dozens of young people, encroached on freedom and honour of the nation.
For peaceful change of the aggressive and criminal regime the non-governmental organizations demand from the opposition range actions coordinated with community, and reaching national agreement, which, according to the Declaration authors, is the obligatory prerequisite for reaching the objective.