- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia cannot join the CU and sign an agreement on free trade area with the EU - Elmar Brok2013-03-18 13:53
Official Brussels has re-warned Armenia on impossibility to combine participation in the Customs Union with the agreement on free trade area with the EU, the Rosbat reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the edition, this was announced by the Chairman of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs, deputy chairman of the European People's Party Elmar Brok. He noted that the two agreements contradict each other legally.
"The EU cannot sign an agreement for a deep and comprehensive free trade with a country that is a member of the Customs Union, initiated by Russia. Legally, it is impossible. They must make a choice, and that choice should be made not only by Armenia, but also by the others member states of the Eastern Partnership which also want to join the free trade area, proposed by the European Union", the IA Regnum quoted the senior representative of the European Union.
When asked about what would happen if Armenia decides to join the Customs Union, Brok said that "in this case, the relationship between the EU and these countries will be the same as with Russia".