- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Trial over Bacho Akhalaia postponed till March 222013-03-19 12:01
The trial over the former Defense Minister Bacho Akhalaia was rescheduled for March 22 at the request of the defense. According to the Caucasian Knot, this was announced by Akhalaia's lawyer Malkhaz Velidzhanashvili.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The lawyer said that after the trial has begun, the prosecution started talking about some new charges against his client.
"It is now difficult to me to list all the details and inaccuracies, but there were enough of them. That's why, as the lawyer, I have filed a request to postpone the trial. I must discuss all these new details with my client and then we can continue the trial. Court has granted my petition", said Velidzhanashvili.
Meanwhile, relatives of the former Minister of Defense Bacho Akhalaia are concerned about his safety, the Interfax reported.
On Tuesday night, a few relatives and friends stood in front of the prison and told reporters that other prisoners have threatened Akhalaia with death. They also claim that the prisoners have beaten one of the guards who had stood up for Akhalaia.
Recall, Former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested on the night of November 7, after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office. Akhalaia is charged with abuse of office.