- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia is proposed to become a stability guarantor in the Caucasus2009-03-13 11:27
The Alliance for Georgia leader, the ex-Permanent Representative of Georgia to the UN, Irakli Alasania suggests to turn the country in the "guarantor of stability in the Caucasus", he said today in the air of Maestro TV, The Vzglyad informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Alasania, "Georgia must become enlightment, cultural, financial, banking centre of the region". To achieve it, the policy of cooperation with the North Caucasus must be worked out, he believes.
The Alliance for Georgia leader said the August war "put off Georgia's prospective for NATO joining far away". The present-day leader of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili, "equals himself with the state", the opposition leader believes.
"It is not about time to keep silence, the country is going down the drain", he underlined and mentioned that actions for the President's resignation and new elections must be well organized "to avoid provocation".
In case of Saakashvili's resignation the security, defense and law enforcement agencies will be changed, and it will make holding truly free elections possible, the Alliance leader concluded.