- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania: Georgia should be on alert2013-03-21 14:33
Georgian military forces must be in constant alert because of the additional Russian military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia. As reported by the News-Georgia, this was announced by the Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Alasania.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"During the last year the situation in the Georgian territories occupied by the enemy - Russia, according to the intelligence, has not changed. I would say that it is complicated by the fact that in the last year there have appeared additional fortifications and bases in Abkhazia and the Tskhinval region (South Ossetia)", said Alasania at the meeting of the parliamentary committee on defense and security.
"Our military doctrine and threat analysis suggests that Georgia must be constantly on alert. But I note that the recent talks in terms of trade have reduced the potential possibility for renewed fighting", he said.
Recall, Georgia is going to send its servicemen into another country raging from armed uprisings - Mali. This was announced by Georgian Defense Minister Irakli Alasania in Brussels. This is about the sending of military experts to this African country.