- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Crime rate has increased in Georgia2013-03-21 15:09
According to the Georgian Interior Ministry, the crime rate has increased in Georgia, the 1news.az reports. So, in November 2012, after the change of power, 4598 crimes were recorded in the country, which is 1719 cases more than in the same period of 2011.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In particular, the rate of theft has increased by 55%.
The lawyer Ramin Papidze says that the amnesty was necessary.
Recall, since the beginning of the year, in Georgia, over 8300 prisoners were released under the amnesty and pardoned by the country's president. About 150 amnestied and pardoned former prisoners have already committed repeat offenses. This was announced on Monday by the Interior Minister Irakli Garibashvili at a meeting with the media.
Meanwhile, many people believe that due to the mass amnesty the problem of growth in crime should occur.
Information about a tendency of growth of crime in Georgia, especially after the mass amnesty, which resulted in the release of a third of all prisoners, increasingly appears in the Georgian media.