- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Armenia to complete negotiations on a free trade area with the EU till the end of 20132013-03-21 16:15
Armenian Parliament chairman Hovik Abrahamyan has received the delegation headed by the Director for Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia of the Directorate General for External Relations of the European Commission Gunnar Wiegand, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Welcoming Wiegand and the delegation arrived in Yerevan to participate in the 12th round of negotiations on the Association Agreement EU-Armenia, Abrahamyan expressed satisfaction with the positive outcome of the negotiations.
Parliament speaker stressed noticeable progress in negotiations on the Association Agreement EU-Armenia launched in July 2010.
Hovik Abrahamyan expressed confidence that the Agreement gives the bilateral relations new strength. He said that Armenia intends to conclude negotiations on a deep and comprehensive free trade area prior to the Vilnius Summit in November 2013.
Meanwhile, according to the head of the EU Delegation to Armenia Traian Hristea, the EU political dialogue with the Government of Armenia has deepened during 2012, the News-Armenia reported.
As stated by Hristea, this is evidenced by the number of successful cooperation programs undertaken during 2012, including progress in the negotiations over the Association Agreement, including creation of a deep and comprehensive free trade area with the EU.
The head of the delegation also stressed the importance of the agreement on simplification visa regime signed on December 17.