- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN to investigate the use of chemical weapons in Syria2013-03-22 13:16
The UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has decided to carry out an investigation into allegations of the Syrian authorities and opposition related to the use of chemical weapons, the Trend reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I have decided to conduct a United Nations investigation into the possible use of chemical weapons in Syria", Ban Ki-moon told reporters, specifying that the investigation will focus on the Aleppo attack. He stressed that the investigation should be initiated as soon as possible.
Recall, on March 19, Syrian authorities stated that the armed opposition had used chemical weapons in the province of Aleppo. 25 people have become the victims of the chemical attack in the province of Aleppo on Tuesday, 86 more were wounded. However, the opposition rejected accusations of the authorities, stating that the government forces had used missiles "Scud" with chemical weapons, the BBC reported.
On March 20, Damascus appealed to the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon with a request to investigate the use of chemical weapons by the militants. The statement noted that the request reaffirms the determination of Syria to achieve full disclosure of the details of this crime, which poses a threat to the country's citizens.