- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Over 100 thousand people in favor of Saakashvili’s resignation2009-03-13 15:32
Over 100 thousand people supported the idea of President Saakashvili's resignation.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The action called Save Georgia Together was started on March 10th , held in 16 cities of the country. It came into expectations of opposition members and brought a considerable number as a result. According to the organizers, over 55 thousand people in the regions granted their signatures. 7 thousand of them were collected in Kutaisi, 6 thousand - in Telavi, over 4.5 thousand - in Poti and Zugdidi.
Before that the action was held in Tbilisi, where special boxes were placed near all the underground stations and other public places. 48 thousand signatures were collected.
Those, who signed and filled in the forms, in this way expressed their wish to attend the protest action to be held on April 9th near the building of the parliament in Rustaveli Avenue. The protest action organizers claim they will not go home until reach their objective - resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili.